[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/starta/Timothy_Kotin.mp3″ title=”Episode 45, Timothy Kotin” image=”http://www.thestarta.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/maxresdefault-2.jpg” ]
Timothy Kotin is the co-founder of SuperFluid, a data solution platform helping businesses to harness untapped potential through predictive data analytics, business intelligence and dynamic customer insights leveraging both traditional and alternative data sources.
Timothy grew up in Tamale, Ghana and had to flee along with his family as a child due to ethnic violence and unrest in the 90s.
He holds an MPhil. in Engineering for Sustainable Development from the University of Cambridge and a B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from Harvard University.
Prior to co-founding Superfluids Labs, he worked as a research scientist at IBM as part of a team which developed financial services innovations for multinational enterprise clients in Africa.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Timothy was able to rise above the trauma of nearly being killed as a teenager
- The many ways businesses can take advantage of data
- SuperFluid has some challenges they’ve been dealing with. Listen to Timothy explain
- What is the importance of value proposition to your business? How and why should you create more value for your clients?
- “You should frame the outcome, rather than the tool”. What does this mean for your business?
- About SuperFluid’s pricing model and what you can learn from it
- Timothy seems to think machine learning helps computer learn data better than humans. Find out why
- About Timothy’s dream for a scholarship foundation
- And more
Selected book from this episode
Selected links from this episode
Don’t miss new episodes of Building the Future Podcast
Building The Future Podcast Season 2 is sponsored by the British Council.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. You can learn more about their activities here.