[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/starta/Opeyemi_.mp3″ title=”Episode 43, Opeyemi Awoyemi” image=”http://www.thestarta.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Jobb-2.jpg” ]
Opeyemi Awoyemi is a tech entrepreneur with 10 years experience in internet startup business development. He has founded and managed three technology startups including WhoGoHost, a web solutions company. He is also the co-founder of Jobberman.
Jobberman is Nigeria’s largest job search portal with over one million job seekers and 10,000 companies registered. Jobberman’s mission is to solve the unemployment problem in Nigeria.
Opeyemi Awoyemi calls himself an ‘unrepentant entrepreneur’ and is enthusiastic about Africa, web startups, and any innovative business idea. His life goal is to be a world business leader in the tech space and to die empty.
In this episode you’ll learn;
- About Opeyemi’s journey into entrepreneurship and his first business.
- How he established a design agency while he was a student at the university
- How he was able to intern at his own company as a student
- How Jobberman was ideated and how the name came to be
- Why the initial excitement to launch Jobberman fizzled out and how one of his co-founders helped put them back on track
- At what stage of the business did Tiger Global reach out to them?
- How were they able to get investors in the early stages without trying?
- It was a struggle getting job seekers and companies on the platform. How did Opeyemi and his team hack this?
- How they were able to track growth in the early days
- How to validate your business idea
- Why should you focus on SEO for your new business? How did this help Jobberman?
- And more
Selected links from this episode
Selected book per episode
Building The Future Podcast Season 2 is sponsored by the British Council.
The British Council is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. You can learn more about their activities here.