[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/starta/Adam_Final.mp3″ title=”#64, Adam Grunewald. CEO & Co-Founder at Lynk” image=”http://www.thestarta.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Adam-2.jpg” ]
Adam Grunewald is the co-founder and CEO of Lynk, a platform designed to provide technology-based solutions for the massive informal labour sectors in Kenya.
Adam has worked at Google as a project manager on new and emerging projects in the United States and Kenya.
Driven by the urge to create a reliable employment system for manual workers in Kenya, he created Lynk in late 2015.
Lynk has raised $1m in funding and is currently fundraising.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Adam’s love for Kenya and how he began living in the country
- How was Lynk ideated?
- Why Lynk sticks to a manual vetting process for labour getting on their platform
- How to ensure a successful match between demand and supply?
- What is the difference between the Lynk model and an open marketplace?
- The difference between a horizontal and vertical marketplace
- What are the three questions you have to answer before building an online marketplace?
- How to ensure your total addressable market is big enough for scale
- Dealing with quality control in a lead generation market place
- How do you minimize platform leakages?
- How does Lynk reduce friction for platform users?
- The disadvantages of scaling prematurely
- And more
Selected links from this episode
Selected books from this episode
Don’t miss new episodes of Building the Future Podcast
Flutterwave drives growth for banks and businesses across Africa through digital payment technology. You can learn more about their activities here.